The type approval certificate of telecommunications terminals is provided by the Research and Studies Telecommunications Center Office (CERT) :
- Every telecommunication equipment should be subject of an individual request for certificate of approval taking into account the following identifications:
- Product Type,
- Product Brand,
- Product Model.
- The validity of the type approval certificate is three years from the date of grant.
- The certificate of approval of a telecommunications terminal is nominative; specific for each company and can not in any way be used by a third party.
- Every terminal equipment must be approved before any import transaction for trade.
- Approval certificates are issued by the one stop shop of the CERT after evaluation of various stakeholders namely: